An all-sport junkie, tennis was not Calvin’s first (or even second) choice to play. Forced to join his sister in a rec centre tennis camp ultimately led to a realization of how much fun the sport actually was.
Calvin is a provincial and national champion in both singles and doubles – multiple times. He was a regular member of Team BC (and the only player from the Okanagan). He was a double gold medalist at the Western Canada Summer Games and part of the top BC doubles team at Nationals. He has been ranked in the top 2 provincially and the top 20 country-wide. Apart from his successful junior career Calvin also played in multiple professional and open draws throughout BC. Having received Division 1 university offers in the USA, Calvin chose instead to remain in Kelowna – his favourite city in the world.
Following a brief hiatus from competitive play after his junior career, Calvin jumped back into tennis with both feet. Seeing the smiling faces of new tennis players everyday reignited a fire for tennis that continues to burn brightly. This passion led Calvin down to Los Angeles over the summer to compete in numerous professional and semi-professional events. Training with former ATP pros, discussing tennis with National level coaches and celebrating the best win of his career were all highlights from his adventure. With his eyes set on the lofty goal of professional tennis, expect to see Calvin on court all the time training himself and others.
As a certified club professional coach, Calvin is grateful for the opportunity to pass on his technical skills, deep knowledge of the game and genuine appreciation for the sport to everyone at Global Fitness. He is personally committed to reaching ever higher levels of coaching ability and knowledge – all while keeping tennis the fun and fit sport it was always meant to be. Contact Calvin today to sign up!
1. Tennis Canada Certified Level 1 Instructor, achieved with honours, ITF Gold Standard Recognition
2. Tennis Canada Certified Club Professional Level 1, achieved with honours, ITF Gold Standard Recognition
3. Little Aces Tennis Program Instructor
4. Tennis Team & School Program Founder – Immaculata Regional High School
5. Coached & mentored by Joachim Nierfeld
1. Canadian National Junior Champion
2. Double Gold Medal Winner – Western Canada Summer Games (sgls & dbls)
3. Provincial Junior Champion – (sgls & dbls, multiple years)
4. Member of Team BC, Canadian Junior Nationals (sgls & dbls, multiple years)
5. Achieved Top 20 Ranking (Nationally)
6. Achieved #2 ranking in the Province of BC
7. Competed in the Main Draw – ITF World Pro Men’s Event – Singles & Doubles (multiple years)
8. City of Kelowna PacificSport Hero Award – 2018
Contact Calvin directly for lessons: