Creamy Chicken and Wild Rice Soup that is delicious, loaded with veggies and makes the perfect cozy meal that can easily made in your instant pot, slow cooker or right on the stove!
Recipe from EatYourselfSkinny.Com
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 medium carrots, diced
- 3 ribs celery, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 6 cups low-sodium chicken broth (or stock)
- 1 lb chicken breasts (or shredded rotisserie chicken for stovetop)
- 1 cup uncooked wild rice
- 8 oz mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp dried rosemary
- 1/4 tsp dried mustard
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Garnish with fresh thyme right before serving
Slow Cooker Directions:
- Combine all ingredients, except for the cream, to the bowl of your crock pot (you’ll want to use chicken breasts or thighs), cover and cook on low 8 to 10 hours, or on high 5 to 6 hours.
- Once the rice is done cooking, shred the chicken and mix in the coconut milk. Top with fresh thyme and serve!