These rich, fudgy Double Chocolate Brownies are absolutely irresistible. They’re gluten-free, dairy-free, and made with a unique secret ingredient that gives them such a moist, tender texture. They’re oh-so chocolatey and finished with a sprinkle of flaked sea salt to create the perfect bite.
*Recipe from the Fitness On Demand #ElevateYourHeartRate Challenge*
- 1 19-oz can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips1/2 tsp flaked sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. In the bowl of a food processor combine the black beans, sugar, cocoa powder, eggs, coconut oil, vanilla, baking powder, and salt. Blend for 2 to 3 minutes or until the batter is very smooth. Don’t forget to scrape down the sides.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Scoop the batter into 6 well-greased 125mL heat-safe mason jars or ramekins. Bake for 35 to 45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Top each with a pinch of flaked sea salt.
- Allow the brownies to cool slightly before serving or store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
**IMPORTANT Most mason jar manufacturers do not recommend baking in mason jars as there is a risk of the jars cracking in the oven. We have never had an issue with this but it is important to understand the risks involved. It’s important to make sure they’re heat-safe mason jars (like the ones used for canning), not the cheaper versions.