Apples are in season!
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees fahrenheit.
- Slice approximately 1/3 off of the top of the apples and scoop out the core, leaving a well in the center.
- In a bowl, mix brown sugar, cinnamon, cranberries and walnuts (using a spoon or fork) until blended.
- Stuff each apple with 1/4 of brown sugar mixture.
- Place apples in a deep baking dish, topping each apple with 1 tblsp butter and a sprinkle of cinnamon.
- Pour about 1/2″ of water into the baking pan, around the apples, and bake for 50 – 60 minutes, until apples are tender.
- Serve warm, topped with caramel sauce drizzled on top of each apple, if desired.
- Also excellent served with vanilla or butter pecan ice cream.
Recipe from: www.worthingcourtblog.com