“Good soup is one of the prime ingredients of good living. For soup can do more to lift the spirits and stimulate the appetite than any other one dish.” – Louis P. De Guoy
I hope this doesn’t overwhelm you
- 64oz broth
- 2lb chicken (I used frozen)
- Chopped onion, celery, carrots (you can buy frozen versions of this now or look in your veggie aisle for a pre-cut mix)
- Optional to add in any other frozen veggie you have. I used okra.
- Optional rice or egg noodles for a traditional chicken soup
Dump in to the crock-pot and cook on high for 4 hours or low for 8 hours.
Soup has a number of other benefits for our health and our running!
- Broth is easy to digest and provides tons of nutrients
- Eating a light soup before meals helps cut calories
- Warm foods feel comforting
- Super duper easy way to pack in tons of veggies
- Can be made in large batches to freeze (perfect for having food post travel!)
- Easy options for vegan meal, but protein filled
- Can help to get things moving if your feeling constipated or bloated
By Amanda Brooks of Run to the Finish