- 1 1/2 cups gluten free oats
- 1 cup almond flour (I used NuNaturals Green Banana Flour)
- 1/2 cup hemp seed
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt (if you aren’t using them during runs use 1/4 tsp)
- 1/2 cup mini carob chips (dairy free!)
- 1/2 cup creamy Once Again Nut Butter (whatever kind you like, almond, peanut, tahini)
- 6 Tbsp unsweetened applesauce
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1/4 cup honey
- Vanilla NuStevia to taste
- 1 large egg (or 1 flax egg to make vegan)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix together all dry ingredients
- In a second bowl (or food processor) mix together all wet ingredients
- Pour your dry into the wet and use a spatula to fold in
- Use a cookie dough scoop to drop cookies on to a sprayed baking sheet
- These won’t spread or puff, so it’s ok to flatten them, unless you want more of a ball shape.
- Bake 9 minutes
- Best stored in the fridge
I love these because they freeze well. Pull one out and place in a tiny zip loc, let it thaw while you run!
By Amanda Brooks of “Run to the Finish”