or fire up the grill with this recipe; turn on the stove-top and let the flavors of caramelized onions and rosemary do the work for you.
The chili powder-honey mixture brings out warmth and sweetness as the thighs cook. Prefer not to include honey? That’s fine — the chili powder, ginger paste and lemon juice bring a spicy bite to this marinade.
Try these thighs with a salad or make a celeriac mash. The creamy twist on mashed potatoes will pair well with these thighs. Use any leftover chicken in a salad or toss in a breakfast scramble.
- 5 to 6 chicken thighs, bone in, skin on
- 2 tbsp. ghee
- 1 tbsp. chili powder
- 1 tbsp. ginger paste
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- 2 tbsp. raw honey
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 4 large onions, diced
- 2 sprig fresh rosemary , minced;
- 1 tbsp. balsamic vinegar;
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper;
- In a bowl, combine the chili powder, ginger paste, lemon juice, honey and olive oil.
- Season the chicken thighs to taste, and brush with the chili powder mixture.
- Heat the ghee in a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Brown the chicken thighs on both sides for 2 to 3 minutes, and set aside.
- Lower the heat and add the onion, rosemary, and cover.
- Cook 20 to 25 minutes stirring the onion every 5 minutes.
- Once the chicken is cooked through, add the balsamic to the onions and give one last stir.
- Cook for another 2 to 3 minutes and serve.