Fall Chunky Beef Roasted Bell Pepper Stew
- 1-1/2 lb. lean chuck beef, cubed
- Cooking fat
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup red wine
- 2 stalks celery, sliced
- 4 carrots, sliced
- 2 potatoes, sweet or russet, peeled and diced
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- 2-1/2 cups beef or chicken stock
- 1 bell pepper, roasted, diced
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Melt cooking fat in a saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Brown the meat on all sides, 1 to 2 minutes per side.
- Add the onion and garlic, and cook for another 2 to 3 minutes.
- Pour in the wine and deglaze the bottom of the pan.
- Add all the remaining ingredients except the roasted pepper, and bring to a boil.
- Lower heat, cover, and cook until everything is tender; 25 to 30 minutes.
- Add the bell pepper, season to taste, and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Remove bay leaf and serve.
© 2016 Paleo Leap